Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Catching y'all up...part 2

So Bill and I let our redneck show when we went to see Bill's man crush Jeff Gordon at Texas Motor Speedway.  We bought shirts, saw the sites, and ate and drank stuff that was WAY overpriced, and so NOT on my diet.  It sure was fun though.  I saw an overabundance of ice chests on wheels.  You know the kind like suitcases, only they were full of ice and beer, I assume based on the roller's actions.  We witnessed a very fine family of mullets and cut off sleeve t-shirts get in an argument over where their truck was parked.  We also encountered a lady (that term is used loosely here) with a very clever play on words written (in sharpie) across the front and back of her cut off sleeved t-shirt.  Let's just say, she looked like she could've been a he, so the front of her shirt plainly stated "YES, I'm a girl!" and the back said, "This Lesbian Hates Busch!" She is not a fan of Kyle or Kurt apparently and has quite the sense of humor.

In order to be fully decked out fans of the sport we rented scanners so we could hear all the "inside dirt" as the drivers raced toward the checker (I think I've heard that once).  Renting the scanners was pretty amazing.  It helped me stay focused and off pinterest ;).  All in all it was a fun date night and I can't wait to go again.

 
 
The next day we loaded up my in laws and took Billy to see Thomas the Train in person.  Overall the experience was a solid B.  The weather was good, but a little warm and windy.  There were a bazillion kids and adults everywhere so I was afraid Billy was going to get lost or snatched up.  The schedule of departure times were very rigid so we missed out on our "after" pic because the line was so long.  But, Billy had a great time in spite of the three fits he threw because he wasn't ready to leave the sandbox, or the play table tent, and he wasn't a fan of waiting in line.  He did score some cool gear thanks to Nana, aka "Nina" as he now calls her.  I think we'll go again when he's older so we can fully enjoy the experience and hopefully leave the tantrums at home!
 
 
 
So in my last post before I went MIA for a little over a month, I told y'all the big news about Bill's new job.  This job is amazing!  He loves it, he loves his new coworkers and it has allowed us to spend more time together.  We did have to move, and I'm not sure if it will be a permanent move for Billy and I yet.  I have my fingers crossed that I can find a new teaching job.  I've done all the applying and hounding I can for now.  It's just sit back and wait until I get a call.  I don't do that very well.  Moving on.  I did get an interview.  I found out a little over a week later they hired someone else.  Ouch.  Don't they know I'm the bee's knees!  Ah well, on to the next one.  I did have a rockin' interview outfit courtesy of Sasha. 

You can only see the top here but I've got on a black pencil skirt and black wedges. 
I'm pretty sure I could rule the world in this!
 
 
Well we moved to Moore, and there will be more on that in a later post.  Scariest day of my life.  We love it here.  I'm a country girl, but I do love the city.  It's nice not to have to drive 20 minutes to get to the store.  It's also not awesome on the wallet!  But we did it!  We moved and we're together!  Another perk is my sister and her family live about a mile from me.  That means I get to see these two cuties more often.  Score!

 
Since we're close to a fun park we took Billy one night when we had friends in town. 
It was a good time!
 
 
 
Since we moved I've also participated in my first 5K.  I had the BEST time with my girls!  We ran in the Color me Rad 5K at the OKC Fairgrounds.  It was hot, and crowded and we were pelted with colored powder so it was awesome.  Totally freaking awesome.  I can't wait to do it again!
 
A few weeks ago was my 10 year high school reunion.  I had a major part in the planning so boy am I glad it's over!  I had a great time meeting up with old friends and getting silly.  Of course you know I wore a chevron dress, and it's my school colors. nerd.

 
And last but not least of this total randomness, before my reunion I spent some quality time with my hair dresser and friend.  In her shop she has a boutique full of cutesy things.  One bowl on the counter immediately caught my eye.  I bet you'll never guess why!  And yes, I bought several.
 
 
I guess that's all for now.  I have more tomorrow to tell you about!
 
I'm out!
 
Mrs. T
 


No comments:

Post a Comment