Thursday, November 14, 2013

It's All About the Journey

Don't stop believing...right?

Since I finally made that switch in my brain and decided my health, my life, and my sanity needed to take a greater importance in my life, it has been fairly easy to be motivated about healthy food choices and exercise.  But dang it if school didn't start back and stress me smooth out.

When I'm stressed, or feel under pressure I eat.  When I'm sad or grumpy, I eat.  When I need to celebrate or relax, I eat.  WHAT THE HECK MAN!!!  Food issues much?

Well life happened, like it does, and since August my life has taken on more stress, and close to ten extra pounds.  I'm not happy about it, but I'm not beating myself up like I used to.  It's time to get things back in order and on the right track.

Because I love to eat and obviously I do so at any occasion, I've had to learn to balance.  I have my cake, and eat it, but not the whole thing.  I've learned how to have what I want, what I need, and to do it all in moderation.   

Once I started losing weight the choices were easier.  Now that I've hit a "comfy" place (not my goal) making healthy choices has somehow taken a back seat.  It's time to kick my rear in gear and get back on track before I zoom through the holidays and pick up ten more pounds.

I see so many people doing the advocare cleanse to get back on track.  Should I or shouldn't I?  I'm not sure.  I need to find easy, clean recipes for my family and start there I think.

What do you do to kick start yourself?  How do you get your eating back on track?

Oh, I haven't stopped working out.  I've been lifting more weights and running to train for my half marathon in the spring.  I even tossed around the idea of a full with my friend last night.  Crazy?  Nah.  If Mama Laughlin can do it, I can too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment