Sunday, November 17, 2013

There's no place like home.

Yesterday I spent most of the day at my parents house.  Billy and I took a nap together and I swear it was the best nap of my life.  There is something about being in the house you grew up in that brings comfort and peace.  I don't think I've had rest like that since before Billy was born.  It was soooo niiiice!

I was able to get together with my girls for a run.  I got there late...whoops...so they ran about 30 minutes longer than I did.  I'm not sure how far we went, but it was great to catch up and get some sweat time together.

Wayyyy back in the summer I decided to run a half.  After deciding, I told my husband and he wasn't feeling anywhere close to the excitement that I wanted him to feel for me.  I let school get in the way and stopped focusing on my training.  I kept up with weights, but the running got lost in the shuffle.

In October I signed up for a 5k with a friend and we ran it together.  It was just the boost I needed to get excited for my half.  The problem was I was only 5 weeks away from it.  As it got closer and I got my running back on track, we were notified that our duplex had been sold and we would have to move...in the next three weeks.  The biggest part of our move will be this Saturday, the same day as my half.  So I'm not running this time.  I feel really bad about it.  I hate saying I'm going to do something and then not following through with it.

I'm hopeful that this little hiccup won't keep me from going after this goal.

I signed up for the Dallas Rock and Roll half.  Nothing is getting in my way this time.


2 comments:

  1. Will NEVER gets excited about my running adventures... guys are jerks ;) I'm excited for you. I signed up for the Rock & Roll half and never ran it to a couple of years ago... so it happens!

    ReplyDelete