Saturday, April 13, 2013

Diet/Fitness Update and other stuff

Since my "cool down" over Spring Break (That's what I'm calling my one trip to the gym and my one run that I managed that week.) I've had trouble getting my groove back.  My diet seems to have returned to better choices, minus that Gigi's cupcake I had for breakfast...whoops! But I've had trouble making it to the gym like I had been.  My usual routine was classes 4 times a week and running the two days that I didn't go.  For the last two weeks I've only gone to the gym a total of  four times and I only got in one run.  My mind, attitude, patience level and body have defiantly felt the lack of sweat time.  So I made a point this week to get back at it.

Monday I started back slow with an hour of R.I.P.P.E.D.  I felt like I was going to need oxygen and possibly help to my car.  It was hard. I'm sure Sasha was sick of me telling her how I was dying in between each set.  Our instructor never let up, and I'm thankful for that. It was just the push I needed.

Tuesday I had a meeting after school. By the time that was over I had missed Sculpt and Ride and was late for Step.  Lately it has been a cat fit to try to get a step so I bowed out on that.  I decided to hop on the treadmill and wait for Barbell Blast to start.  Throughout my run on the treadmill I thought about all the crap I've been through since I started, quit, restarted, quit, restarted again and quit again on my fitness journey.  When "Dog Days are Over" started playing through my headphones I got a little choked up. I started my journey on my own in my very early twenties and was never committed.  It was after I had my son and finally got fed up with what I was seeing in the mirror That I decided, I mean really decided it was time for a change.  I also realized that I wasn't having "fat" days. I was FAT.  Sorry to bust out the 'F' word but man.  I was on my way to size 14 and XL everything. I'm only 5'3". So I was fat and finally saw myself for who I had become, for what I'd allowed myself to do to my body and for what I allowed it to do to my attitude and my self esteem. Ouch.  So thinking about all of that and about how I've finally got my head right this time made me proud, a little sad that it took me so long to figure it out, but mostly proud.  Tuesday night I beat my mile time.  Smoked it actually. :) Then I pumped some iron in Barbell Blast.  Tuesday was a GREAT workout.


Wednesday I continued with the positive momentum.  I took another R.I.P.P.E.D class and then a Spin class after.  I busted it out and burned over 1200 calories.  That's not a typo folks 1-2-0-0 calories!  Check my watch.  I ain't lying!

Thursday I had every intention of walking Billy around the park in his stroller and playing with him on the playground.  Instead he cried for his "Papa", Bill's dad, so we went to the body shop to hang with the guys.  Billy was one happy little dude with all the big boys.

Yesterday we packed up and headed south to work a garage sale today at "Nana's", Bill's mom's house.  So far it's been going great.  I'm hot and tired so I decided to take a break from making deals and blog in the a/c.  It's hot in Dallas, TX today y'all!  I'm about 99% sure I got a little sun. Holla!


So this week I did way better with my diet and I'm back on track with my workouts.
Grand total pounds lost so far......drum roll....about 25!!!!!!!  I think it's time for some new clothes.  Hubby, whatcha think???  Can we go thrift shopping??? lol  That song is in my head all the time.  I just want to pop some tags with twenty dollas in my pocket. 

Tonight we're off to the races.  No really, we are.  I'll be the redneck in a Jeff Gordon shirt NOT guzzling beer (it smells like pee and I can't get over it) so see if you can find me on T.V. Ha!

I'll post later with tales of my people watching during the garage sale today and from the race tonight.  It should be a good one!

I'm out!
Mrs. T


No comments:

Post a Comment