Monday, January 5, 2015

Let's Be Real

It's Monday morning on the first day back to work after Christmas break.  I'm up before the sun to try and change my workout routine.  Usually Bill and I go in the evenings, and in the past few months I have really dreaded and very often times I have missed workouts because of one excuse or another.  I heard or read somewhere that if you stick with a routine for 21 days you'll change your habits and it will become second nature to you.  So, here I am!

Since I was on my big fitness/running/health kick in the past, I have yet again backed off and gained all the weight back that I lost two years ago.  It sucks, but I own it.  I did it to myself.  I will say though I have stayed moderately active, so getting into a fitness regimen hasn't sucked near as bad as it did the first go around.

I think running two half marathons back to back burned me out.  I took some time off from running and have had a HARD time getting back into the swing of things.  So, here I am getting back.

My friend and I are running the OKC Memorial Half in April, so I've started training for that.  In an effort to improve my pace I've started the 30 Day Shred.  I'll find something else for weight training after I'm finished with that.  In the past I've looked to bodybuilding.com for weight routines, but I'm still so intimidated by lifting that I never stick with it.

I'm off to get this day going!

Make it a great Monday y'all!



I'm out!
Mrs. T




No comments:

Post a Comment